Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

15 September 2018

The 2018 State Fair (Part 3)


What is that thing in the picture at the top of this post? It's funnel cake, only one of the many delightfully, disgustingly fattening things you can find at the State Fair. Basically it's nothing but deep fried batter topped with powdered sugar, and it's delicious. I hardly ever eat such gut bombs, so I'll forgive myself for the transgression. The rest of today's post is all about model trains. Whenever Pat and I go to the State Fair, we make it a point to go and check out the model trains. They're mesmerizing! When I was a little kid, my brother had trains -- I think his were HO scale, which is pretty big. I was so jealous! Later on, when I was in junior high, my parents bought me N-gauge trains for Christmas and I was so excited, it was exactly what I had been hoping for. I had lots of fun building my little train village on a piece of plywood that was about the size of a tabletop. It was a great pastime. Eventually, in high school I sold my trains to a hobbyist who was a grown man, much like the guys who put on the awesome display every year at the State Fair.
Does that look like me coming out of the greenhouse? What a coincidence -- you know how much I love gardening! 😉
There was even an emergency scene! See the tiny firefighters and the burnt median? These train guys put so much imagination and love into their dioramas!


And just for fun here are a couple of very brief videos of the trains. Mesmerizing and nostalgic!



2 comments:

Kate said...

We have the same disgustingly fattening but delicious food at our state fair. We do not have the model train sets that you so delightfully photographed. So glad that You, A Girl, finally got your own train set. Yea!

William Kendall said...

One of my cousins, her husband is into model trains. Has a whole set-up in the basement. That one's neat!