Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

06 October 2018

Rocky Mountain National Park (Part 7)


I'll close out my series from Rocky Mountain National Park with these photos of a mature bull elk and a teenage interloper. The large bull (seen in yesterday's post as well) was slowly shepherding his harem along, when a younger, smaller fellow came along with his own little posse of girlfriends. The big bull had a few things to say about that! The situation ended peacefully. The younger elk probably realized pretty quickly that he was no match for the larger, heavier guy. By the way, it looked like the older bull elk had recently been in a tussle; he was visibly favoring one of his hind legs, and part of his right antler was missing. That must have been quite a fight!
The young guy had lots of bravado at first, but conceded peacefully after being bellowed at and ended up joining the larger group, at least for a while.
One last look at the big guy. Handsome!

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

What incredible animals.