Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

11 November 2018

Sunday Style!


It's not often that I share my professional photos on this blog, but I think this beautiful wedding gown deserves to be seen. It's a family heirloom worn by one of my brides, Diana, in September. It was originally worn in 1943 by Diana's grandmother, Emilia, and it was hand sewn by Emilia's mother (Diana's great grandmother) Carmela. This gown has the most beautiful details, and as an avid sewist myself, I can say that it's perfectly constructed. You can see the love that went into it! It must have taken many months to complete. It has quite a history as an heirloom: Diana's mother, also named Emilia, wore the dress for her wedding in 1985, and Emilia's older sister Diane wore it in 1972. Who knows, maybe one day, Diana's future daughter may wear it at her wedding.
The dress is beautifully hand embroidered and hand beaded.
This photo shows the beautiful seaming on the dress. Also, the many, many buttons are undoubtedly hand-covered. I can't imagine how much work that was, along with making all those tiny button loops. Not only are there buttons going all down the back of the gown, there are buttons from the elbows to the cuffs of each sleeve.
And finally, my clients asked me to recreate this family photo. That's Carmela on the left in 1943, and Diana on the right just a few weeks ago. Beautiful!

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

It certainly is beautifully done.

Lois said...

Wow! That is absolutely gorgeous and what a treasure.