Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

20 February 2019

Sad News


I forgot to blog last night! Darn it! I had this photo prepped and ready to go, but because I was distracted by a (rather vexing) sewing project, I completely forgot to follow through and actually post it. So I'm going to cheat a little and backdate this post to 11:59PM yesterday.

Anyway! If you live in the U.S. you've probably heard that Sears is planning on closing many of its stores. In fact their downhill slide has been going on for a few years, but the two locations in this city managed to escape the ax until now. It looks like the Southgate Sears will soon be no more. That's so sad! My mom would take me school shopping there when I was in high school. I got my washer and dryer at that Sears location over 20 years ago and they're still going strong. I even used the garage there from time to time, for basic service on my cars. So now we'll be down to only one Sears, at the Chapel Hills Mall, and I hope it doesn't close too. 😢

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

The Canadian shops closed up a year or two ago. And of course the executives all got their bonuses.

Linda said...

I should check and see if the one is Winchester is closing. The others around here are already gone.