Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

27 March 2019

'59 Buick


This cool ride cruised past my car the other day as I was driving to lunch with my mom. "We used to have one of those," she blithely remarked. What? We had a 1959 Buick Biscayne, and no one ever told me this? Yes, apparently we did, when I was very small and we were living in the Philippines the first time (we lived there a total of three times before I was even in junior high, believe it or not). I have no memory of that car at all, but my mom tells me it had the same two-tone paint job and awesome fins. How about that! I'm guessing it would have been about seven or eight years old when we owned it, so it would have been "old" by the standards of the time, when people bought a new car every three years. It must have been quite a ride! Maybe she can find a picture of it for me.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Quite a beautiful car!

Anonymous said...

The Biscayne was a Chevrolet, not a Buick.