Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

22 May 2019

The Local Speakeasy


I suppose Colorado Springs had its share of real speakeasies during the prohibition era, and my guess is that they were in Old Colorado City. This modern day "speakeasy" is called Brooklyn's on Boulder and these photos are of the vestibule, which is cleverly styled to look like an old school men's clothier (even their website gives you that impression). After all, you're not supposed to know it's a bar, that's what speakeasies are all about! But once you're buzzed in, you'll see that it's a stylish drinkery with a 1920s vibe. The bartenders are very enthusiastic about their craft, and all the liquors are made in house, by Lee Spirits. You should check it out sometime. You won't even need a secret password to get in.