Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

04 September 2019

Locavore Heaven


Just some of the delicious goodness that I found at the Colorado Farm and Art Market last Wednesday. Having recently finished with Barbara Kingsolver's great book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, I've become even more committed to eating locally grown food as much as possible (and growing it myself too, as you know). If you want to be more of a locavore, the best place to start is your local farmers market. Of course you should support your local farmers and ranchers -- it goes without saying! The extra bonus:  the closer to home your food is grown, the healthier it is for you and the better it tastes.
This farmer sold nothing but microgreens. Yum!
This booth had the most amazing array of breads! I couldn't resist taking home a loaf of extra sour sourdough, and it was delicious.
I know you can't read the logo on this farmer's sign, so here's a link to his site: Viresco Farm.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Buying local is the right thing to do.

JudithK said...

What a great place. I am filled with envy. Ever think about showing some photos of your garden? Hope that tree you were worried about is doing OK.