Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

21 September 2019

The Kids Are All Right


They are, indeed, right, when so many of the world's policymakers have got it all wrong. As you probably heard, yesterday was the worldwide Climate Strike, and there were plenty of participants here in Colorado Springs, including myself. Sure, there were people (and dogs!) of all ages present, but more than anything I was struck by the sheer number of young adults all around me. I witnessed countless young people raising their voices in shared concern over the bum hand they've been dealt by the preceding generations. These kids are angry. As they should be! It was glorious watching them demonstrate! Incredibly uplifting. This generation is going to move mountains. Just you wait and see.

I got a lot of great pictures of the event, so instead of trying to post them individually, I made you a brief slide show. Watch it. You'll be moved.



4 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

I have a friend who used to visit Greta outside the parliament building a few times last year. What a different a year can do.

Tamera said...

Stefan, so true! It's just amazing what she's accomplished in such a short amount of time!

JudithK said...

I'm old. So I am so heartened to see those younger getting out and doing something. Just wonderful.

William Kendall said...

There is no planet B says it all.