Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

07 December 2019

So Many Photographers


A couple of weekends ago I did some senior portraits at the Garden of the Gods of my good friend Janet's daughter, Rachel. As we were driving there, Rachel expressed apprehension about being photographed in such a public place. She didn't want to bring attention to herself. I laughed and told her that I would probably be the only one who would not be getting their picture taken. The Garden of the Gods is, after all, a very scenic place. A lot of my clients ask to be photographed there! So when we got rolling on her portrait session, Rachel was relieved to see that she was among the many. I lost count of how many photographers and family groups we saw in the hour that we were there. I suppose everyone was trying to get pictures in time for their holiday cards. I managed to get pictures of a few of them. Some of the photographers were professionals using DSLR cameras like mine, others were simply people with cell phones, but rest assured that Rachel and I blended in just fine. 😏
There was even a wedding party. I like the bride's short dress!
I know it's hard to tell from this photo since I was focused on the cute family in the foreground, but the lady in the background wearing a red shirt was doing some portraits of a large family group.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

There really is no shortage of them, at least right now.