Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

28 January 2020

Also a Goner


You may remember my recent post about Colorado College building a new ice rink, and in doing so they tore down the building that housed Wooglin's, the much beloved Near North End deli. I took this photo on the same day as the one in that post, and I'm glad I did because alas, now every building on that block has been razed. ALL of them! This one was once home to the college radio station, KRCC. I'm not exactly sure what purpose the building served after KRCC was relocated sometime in the 1990s, but I think it may have had something to do with the art department. At any rate, I feel bad that it's been torn down, because the mural on the side of the building was fairly new and I barely had time to appreciate it. Sad face!

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Removing that is a shame.