Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

03 August 2020

Goldfield, Colorado


Saturday's blog post featured a cute old Victorian near the top of Victor Pass that I daydream of buying, and today's post features a turn of the century city hall/firehouse combo a hundred or so yards away from it. I was perplexed about this building because Victor has a firehouse and city hall in its tiny downtown, so I looked it up. To my surprise, this isn't in Victor at all, it's Goldfield! The 2010 census reported that Goldfield has a population of 49. It's not really a town at all, or even a village -- according to Wikipedia (which has precious little info), it's a census-designated place, whatever that means. Basically Goldfield is this nicely preserved old building and a small handful of homes, some of them clearly dating back to the gold rush days. I want to know more but I'm exhausted right now, so I'll save the research for another post sometime soon.

4 comments:

JudithK said...

Aha. Victor again! (Well, next door at any rate.) Thanks.

JudithK said...

Oh dear. Somehow I had to use a google address I never use. Well. OK. I don't know what happened. NOT your job to figure out. Does make me wonder if my last comment went somewhere. I didn't see it on your post, and I usually do...Still not your job.

JudithK said...

Hm. Not so with that comment. Ignore all this. OK?

Tamera said...

Judith you crack me up! Who knows about the vagaries of Blogger. Ha ha! I enjoy your comments!