Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

01 October 2020

October 2020 Theme Day: Your COVID Response

It's the first of the month, which means Theme Day for City Daily Photo bloggers! October's theme is your COVID response. How has your life been changed by the pandemic, and how are you coping? I had to close down my photography studio for a couple of months because I'm not an essential business, and things got so bad that I went back to work at the large corporation that I walked away from over 18 years ago. Since my photography business is still only running at about half the volume it should be (all my weddings postponed until next year or canceled altogether), I will continue to work my 40 hour a week corporate "day job" alongside it for the foreseeable future. While that's a bit of a bummer, the upside is that regular paycheck, especially during this time of economic uncertainty for so many! Another plus is that I get to do the job from home, at least until early next year or perhaps indefinitely.

Meanwhile, Pat and I are taking the time to take little day trips around our area as much as possible. A couple of weekends ago we went up the pass to see if we could find some fall color, taking a turn through Mueller State Park where these two certainly stood out among the natural landscape! I figure they had the same idea as we did:  escape being cooped up at home by getting out in nature and enjoying the abundant natural beauty of Colorado. Who says you can't go hiking in neon chartreuse pants and a belly shirt? Good for them for exploring the great outdoors, no mask required! We certainly enjoyed the weather and the views that day and I hope to get out and see more fall color this weekend if time permits.

For more Theme Day pictures from City Daily Photo bloggers all over the world, check out our new and improved portal HERE. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Denton said...

interesting scene .. there certainly is a clash between the landscape and the their clothing .. however, as you say. Good for them.

Best wishes on the restart of your photography business.

Linda said...

I appreciate the update. I'm sorry you had to pause the wedding photography business but as you say, things could be worse.

William Kendall said...

I was deemed an essential worker, so I've been working through it. But there have been adjustments.

Pauline said...

Love the photo of the girl in the bright attire, complete with her handbag. I think we all feel better after we've been out in a natural environment.