Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

22 November 2020

Sunday Style!


Technically it's now Monday in Colorado, because I got distracted by a complicated cooking project and lost track of the time, but since Miss Demetria here deserves to be seen, I'm backdating this by an hour or two to make it legit rather than saving it for next Sunday. Demetria works at the Safeway supermarket where I regularly shop, and I've always wanted to photograph her, especially lately since she's been sporting these custom Black Lives Matter earrings! The other day I noticed that she had attached Christmas bows to them so I had to get a shot. I wish I could show you her hair too, because she has none! She keeps her head shaved bald and it looks absolutely striking. Thanks for the picture, Demetria!

4 comments:

JudithK said...

I do wonder what you were cooking! But nice to see Demetria. More than 20 years ago I had a young friend who lost her hair from chemo, got sick of the wig, and pulled it off at work. She had a GREAT head. Looked as beautiful as ever. To keep a bald head in a cold cimate though is pretty sturdy!!

Tamera said...

Hi Judith! I would sport a bald head too if I thought I could get away with it! But come to think of it you're right, it would be rather cold in winter.

As for what I was cooking, it was this soup: https://cookieandkate.com/quinoa-vegetable-soup-recipe/ It's delicious but requires a lot of prep work because there's so much that goes into it! Normally I make a huge double batch of it so I can enjoy some now and freeze some for later. I still had a bunch of kale from my garden that needed to be used, so that's why the soup. And even after that I've got kale still sitting in the fridge waiting to be used. Sigh. It's a good thing I like it!

William Kendall said...

Very colourful.

JudithK said...

Thanks for the recipe. I like everything that goes into it. And good for you to have a good crop of kale!! There IS a lot of choppping in that recipe.