Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

20 February 2021

Bring on the Snow


I was caught completely unawares on Wednesday when I looked out the back door to see snow coming down like crazy. Much of North America has been experiencing crazy-cold weather for the last week or so (we got down to -12° F a couple of days ago) and snow. I have no problem with it but then again I'm not in Texas, where the severe weather has caused the power to go out for millions of people. To my readers in Texas, I hope you're doing okay and getting through this ordeal. Thinking of you!

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

For us that's typical winter weather.

JudithK said...

Yo. Hey, I was one of the lucky ones with no loss of power, water, or lights. So. But almost everyone I know had a bit of trouble. Not built for it down here. And a wee bit of poor planning on allocation of electricity in a cold snap. It was cold. I can remember 5 degrees, and I can remember '83 when it didn't get above freezing for two weeks. One would think planners for anomalies would/could remember things. Guess not.

Tamera said...

Judith I am so glad you're okay! Thankfully the weather seems to be warming up there now. Thanks for checking in! And yes, they should have planned better for this. I agree 100%.