Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

08 March 2021

Sheep in the Garden (Part 1)

I read an interesting thing about how our local herd of bighorn sheep came to be (more on that in a minute), and it reminded me of some fantastic pictures my friend Rose Anne Ost took recently when the creatures decided to hang out in the Garden of the Gods for several days on end. It's always exciting when they do that, and without fail my shutterbug friends start posting pictures of the herd right away on their social media accounts. But since these critters tend to be active early in the morning, I'm never motivated enough to go and find them when they decide to so publicly grace us with their presence. What can I say? I'm not a morning person! Thankfully Rose Anne is, and she took numerous great shots of them over the course of a few days. I really like this one!

Below, the story of how we got our herd. I'll post more of Rose Anne's pictures over the next couple of days. In the meantime, definitely check out her site, she's a wonderful artist! Here's the link:  www.roseanneost.com Enjoy!



3 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

That is a really good photo.

21 Wits said...

They are so commanding and gently adorable in their own way. Excellent capture too, right down to the expression, I am here and life is good.

William Kendall said...

That's a great profile!