Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

01 May 2021

May 2021 Theme Day: Earth/Dirt

I haven't participated in City Daily Photo Theme Day for a couple of months -- too busy to go out and shoot on assignment, so to speak. I wasn't prepared for this month's theme, either, but I just happened to have a fitting image from our recent excursion on Rampart Range Road, so I might as well use it! To be honest, I didn't plan on sharing this one because I didn't like it. It's too, well, brown. But since this month's theme is The Earth/Earth/Dirt, it's actually a good fit. Colorado is not as verdant as much of the United States. We have lots and lots and lots of dust and dirt, and it can be kind of uninspiring, photographically speaking. Who wants to take a picture with a lot of dirt in it, right? But if you think about it, the dirt in this photo came from this stunning rock formation or one just like it, and who knows how many billions of years old it is? Now that's inspiring!

For more pictures of The Earth/Earth/Dirt from City Daily Photo bloggers all over the planet, click HERE. Enjoy!

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

That works quite well.