Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

02 February 2022

Finally!

We've finally gotten the winter storm we've been needing -- on February 2nd! Better late than never? I've lived here since 1979 and never in all that time have I waited until the beginning of February for measurable snowfall. I was hoping for more, but I'll take the five or six inches of snow we received in our yard. We needed it! It's absolutely frigid as I type this, 1°F (technically it's 2:08am on the 3rd as I've been up late working, but I'm backdating this post to 11:59pm on the 2nd), but I don't mind the cold. It's supposed to be cold in winter.

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

We've had a good deal of snow, including more in the night.

Hopefully it picks up with more of this in the next month or so for you.

JudithK said...

Ha. Glad you've had some at last. Maybe an inch here today, but the main thing is will Texas' power grid do it's job this year. This cold spell won't be as bad as a year ago, but as no one in Texas builds houses or businesses to deal with the cold, we're all up the proverbial creek when it happens. Once upon a time I lived where things were arranged to take care of such things, so a good big snowstorm was OK! Enjoy!

Tamera said...

Judith I heard you're getting some mighty cold weather down there, stay warm!