Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

19 August 2022

2022 Colorado Springs Garden Tour (Part 4)

What a beautiful clematis in the photo above! I've never seen one quite that color. Now I'm officially on the hunt to find one. The garden tour took us deeper into Mountain Shadows, in fact just around the corner where my friend Connie lived at the time of the Waldo Canyon Fire. After coming home from evacuation, she found her house intact but her back deck scorched. Look at the last photo in this blog post -- you'll see how very close the flames came. Many homes in this neighborhood were completely consumed, but ten years later the only reminder of the inferno is the charred remains of the trees on the foothills just a few hundred yards away, although some residents decided to keep souvenirs in their gardens.


1 comment:

roentare said...

Unique look with the burn