Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

19 January 2023

A Day in the Life

Continuing my current series on Evergreen Cemetery, here's a large gravestone for a tiny infant. In fact, he was born and died on the same day, December 6, 1874. I can't imagine his parents' terrible grief. I was intrigued by their surname, because there is a Spinney Mountain and a Spinney Reservoir in Park County and I wondered if this family was somehow connected, especially as they clearly lived here in the 1870s, when Colorado was still a territory, and likely even before that. A monument this large means they must have had money; with money comes influence, and with influence come things like having a large mountain named after you. But I could find very little information on how or why the mountain and reservoir got their name. If I ever do find out, I'll make sure to update the blog.

2 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Always intriguing to walk around a cemetery.

William Kendall said...

Very poignant.