Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

08 June 2023

Stormy Skies in Early Summer

We've now had weeks of near daily (and/or nightly) rain, which is making everything very green but also making it hard to do things like gardening, yard work, and oh yeah, photo shoots -- in other words, my job. This is much more moisture than we're used to getting in arid Colorado, so it's almost a novelty. You may have noticed that I've been posting old pictures from my archives a lot lately, and that's because every time I actually have a window of opportunity in my schedule to go out there and take a picture for the blog, it's been raining. Pat resorted to mowing our yard in the rain this evening, and when he finished, the sun suddenly broke through for a few minutes and a glorious, golden light touched the tops of the trees. I took this standing in our front yard, looking over the roof of our house at the giant silver maple in our backyard. It was more beautiful and dramatic in person than in this photo. A nice respite!

2 comments:

JudithK said...

Yes, that brilliant chartreusy light on trees struck by sun against a rain cloud seems to be immune to representation by photography or painting. It's so beautiful and just can't be reproduced.....We've had an unusually wet (for recent years...say 20) spring and it seems to be on its way out down here in TX. But I always treasure it when it happens.

JudithK said...

Meant to add, your photo does give a strong strong suggestion!