Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

11 November 2023

Another Colorado Springs Institution Will Be Closing Its Doors Soon

Sadly, Myers Sewing Machine Company will be closing in January. This family owned business has been operating since 1952 and the owners have recently decided to retire. I stopped in there today to see if there is anything I might want to buy, since they're having a closing sale, but the place is really geared more toward quilters (not really my jam), although they do sell some really incredible sewing machines and sergers that would appeal to any sewist. So there wasn't anything I particularly wanted to buy today, but it was nice to see that the place was humming with activity and the quilting teacher had a full class going. I popped into that room to get a picture of a work in progress. This piece will be cut out and folded into a three dimensional box shape after the machine finishes its work. Look at that embroidery! Some of these sewing machines can do amazing things! Myers will be officially closing up shop in January, so now's the time to stop in there and pick up one of those killer machines you've been pining for at a reduced price.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

That is unfortunate.