Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

01 November 2023

November 2023 Theme Day: My Favorite Part of Town

It's Theme Day for City Daily Photo bloggers, and this month the theme is my favorite part of town. I very much have a favorite neighborhood, the Old North End. For me this also has to include the micro neighborhoods around it: Patty Jewett, Bonnie Park, Roswell. I just love this part of the city and always have. My studio was located in the Old North End for a decade; it's only in the last three or four years that I've had to relocate. I miss the daily commute into this neighborhood of wide avenues, gracious Victorian mansions and Craftsman homes, big old trees, and nice parks. Still, it's only a couple of miles from our house, so of course I take any excuse to drive through the Old North End and I typically do my grocery shopping there.

The above photo was taken on North Cascade Avenue in 1927 by an unknown photographer, and the one below was taken by me almost exactly a year ago, on October 30, 2022, on Alamo. I did blog the same shot on November 14, 2022 (here). If you saw this neighborhood in person, you'd love it too.

To see more favorite places by other City Daily Photo bloggers all over the world, click HERE. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jack said...

It is easy to see why you love this neighborhood.

William Kendall said...

Lovely area!