Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

01 December 2008

December's theme day


I'm still new to City Daily Photo, so this is my first theme day and I'm so excited! When I heard the theme was circles/spheres, I immediately thought of the Olympic Training Center. Many people don't know that the US Olympic Committee and the Olympic Training Center are located right here in Colorado Springs -- only about a mile from my house. I drive by it every day on the way to my studio. For me it's not such a novelty because I've been there many times (heck, I was even an extra in a movie that was shot there when I was in high school!), but I was kind of excited to pay it a visit and be a tourist for a few minutes in order to capture this image.

As you can see, the circle motif repeats itself a lot at the OTC. It must have something to do with the Olympic rings. I'm proud to have the OTC in my city, it's probably one of the coolest things about Colorado Springs: we produce champions!

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

3 comments:

Hope said...

I enjoyed reading your post! An excellent choice for theme day which incorporates many circles & a sphere!

San Diego Farmgirl said...

I covered an Olympic boxing dual for the Colorado Springs Gazette last January. Always wondered what the training center looked like, if it was in town or out in the mountains, etc. Your city has so many things to visit, it's tough to choose. Garden of the Gods? Air Force Academy? Olympic Training Center? There's a circle theme for you - going in circles trying to figure out what cool site to see first!

Of course, when you grow up just on the other side of the Kansas border, just about anything is exciting ... A McDonalds! A new car! A 3-story building! haha

Tamera said...

Ha! And I avoid all those places like the plague because I'm a local and not a tourist! Now I suppose I'll be visiting them just for this blog...