Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

30 November 2008

As they rode off into the sunset...


One last image from our little road trip to Cripple Creek and Victor. This was taken as we were heading home. In Colorado Springs we don't get very good sunsets because we're on the east side of the mountains and we're too close to them. So the sun usually just goes bloop, drops behind Pikes Peak and it's gone. Of course every now and then we get lucky, especially in the winter months, but in general we get pretty crappy sunsets. This means that whenever I do get to witness a wonderful sunset I have to take about a zillion pictures of it. Since Cripple Creek is on the west side of the mountains, they get to see this every day. Lucky devils!

4 comments:

Guy D said...

Simply fabulous sunset, these are my favourite kind of photos. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

Lois said...

The sky is stunning in this shot! I love the way the light is hitting the clouds.

Unknown said...

That's beautiful!

Petrea Burchard said...

I'm sorry you don't get to see a gorgeous sunset every day. You'd get good pictures, from the looks of it.