Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

05 July 2010

The Fallen Fire Fighter Memorial


The Fallen Fire Fighter Memorial sits in Memorial Park, just a few blocks from my house. I've never really taken the time to explore it, so Pat and I thought it would be a good subject for our America-themed series. Yesterday (July 4th) we spent a few minutes hanging out there and learning about it. This particular statue entitled "Somewhere, Every Day" is the centerpiece of the memorial. It depicts a fire fighter descending a ladder holding an infant.

Every year there is a big memorial service here that draws people from all over the US and Canada, honoring their fallen loved ones. There are usually thousands in attendance. It's quite an event. This year's service will be held on September 11th. I'll try and get a photo of it for the blog.

And on a personal note, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANET! We love you!

3 comments:

Louis la Vache said...

How fitting that the service will be on 9/11.

Lois said...

It's beautiful Tamera, especially against that gorgeous blue sky!

Clytie said...

The memorial itself is so moving. I can only imagine the tears and pride that will happen come September 11th.