Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

01 February 2014

February Theme Day: Entry


It's the first of the month, and that means Theme Day for City Daily Photo bloggers! This month's theme is entry. I must admit I was initially perplexed by the concept. My first thought went, naturally, to doorways, but I figured that a lot of the other CDP bloggers might have the same idea, so I decided to try and come up with something else. Eventually, after much pondering, I came up with the "Welcome to Colorful Colorado" signs that are posted at every major entryway to the state. So here you have it: within an hour of the idea entering my brain and exiting my lips, Pat and I were in the car, headed for the border -- the Colorado/New Mexico border that is, smack in the middle of Raton Pass, just south of Trinidad. We drove 150 miles, snapped a few pictures of the "Welcome to New Mexico" sign, turned the car around, drove back and snapped a few pictures of the "Welcome to Colorful Colorado" sign, then drove 150 miles home. I think we were in New Mexico for about seven and-a-half minutes ;^) The things I do for my blog! (Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. We had a blast!) For more entry images from City Daily Photo bloggers all over the planet, click HERE!

Below: what you see as you leave Colorful Colorado and enter New Mexico.



And just for fun (and because I've never bothered to have my picture taken in front of either sign, although I've driven past both of them countless times), here is Your Favorite Colorado Springs Blogger, waving like a regular tourist :^) 

I'm probably just biased, but I think the Colorado sign is better ;^) 



15 comments:

Shantaram said...

Was thinking how crazy it would have been if the words had been on two sides of the same board!

EG CameraGirl said...

Colorado's welcome sign seems so appropriate to your state - rustic. And I like the way the word colorful starts small and ends large.

wilf said...

Great entry!

Kate said...

Wonderful signs, and I'll be able to see the NM sign in just a few days since we are travelling there, beginning in a few hours. Must be a good omen!!

Pat said...

You're as crazy as I am. I'd have done that, too! Great photos.

JL LEAL said...

great photos

Tanya Breese said...

perfect for the theme! and cute shots of you, "the tourist"!

Tamera said...

Thanks guys! Have a great weekend!

Tamera said...

P.S. Kate, you need to get your picture taken in front of the New Mexico sign. Obviously! ;^)

Daryl said...

fabulous use of this theme!

cieldequimper said...

You're making me as green with envy as your blog colours!

William Kendall said...

The Colorado sign does have a sense of being more enduring. Terrific shots!

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Now, that is dedication! I think that your "entry" is both appropriate and charming... love the tourist, too!

Bises,
Genie

Randy said...

Perfect for theme day!

Lois said...

I like the Colorado sign better too!