Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

15 August 2015

A river runs through it


On Thursday I had an errand that took me to the southwest part of town, so on my way home I made it a point to drive up Cheyenne Cañon and sit by Cheyenne Creek. Just a few minutes of quiet time, with nothing but the sound of water rushing over rocks, and I felt fully recharged. It's been a busy, stressful summer and though I appreciate having lots of work, I have been feeling a little worn down lately! Thankfully I live only a few minutes away from this kind of natural beauty. It's the best way to de-stress.

Here's a pano of three or four photos put together. For the curious, I didn't really have a super duper fancy camera with me, just my old D300 with a 28-75 f:2.8 short zoom. I used a tripod, shot at f:32 and the lowest ISO, and the shutter speed was two seconds. Oh and to take these pictures I was standing with one foot on the riverbank and one foot on a rock in the water! One of my tripod legs was standing in the water too.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Beautifully captured!