Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

08 July 2016

Skywatch Friday


Well it's certainly been a shitty couple of days to be an American. Arguments over emails, then news of horrible police shootings accompanied by graphic videos, and now some lunatic(s) killing five law enforcement officers in Dallas at what was supposed to be a peaceful protest... it's all just a little too much for us to handle as a nation. It's a nightmare. Add to that the terror overseas in Baghdad, plus continued squabbling over Brexit, and I've pretty much reached critical mass over here in my little corner of the universe. So here's a pretty picture that I took a couple of days ago. This is the famous Kissing Camels Rock in the Garden of the Gods. Can you see how it got its name? I'm all for kissing. More kissing, less shooting! More love, less strife!

I hope today brings us all a little peace. On that note, there are many more Skywatch Friday pictures to nourish your soul HERE. Please have a non-violent, conflict free and gloriously harmonious day. Hug your loved ones and remember what's important!

5 comments:

Jim said...

Beautiful scenery

William Kendall said...

I think it takes a bit of creative interpretation to see it as such, but this is a beautiful landscape!

fredamans said...

I love the contrast!

Photos by Stan said...

Perfect lighting, nice strong foreground set against that brilliantly blue sky and billowy clouds. Kudos!

Linda said...

It's a beautiful picture! Peace.