Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

26 December 2008

Christmas night city view


After enjoying a Christmas feast at my brother Chuck's house then going home and opening our presents, Pat and I took a drive up to Old Stage Road to take in the breathtaking city view. It stretches on for almost as far as the eye can see! We don't have skyscrapers in Colorado Springs because there is a city ordinance that prohibits blocking the view of Pikes Peak. What we do have is lots and lots of land, so the city spreads out endlessly across the plains.

From Old Stage Road you can see the entire city at night and it's simply amazing. This is just a small portion of it. You can see the Broadmoor Hotel at the bottom right, reflected in its lake. You can see the major north/south arteries: Nevada, Academy and Powers. You can see the far eastern edge of town, but even with a fisheye lens it would be impossible to capture the northern and southern borders in the same photo because they are so far apart.

I love this view and never tire of it. I don't get up to Old Stage Road nearly enough.

3 comments:

Hilda said...

That is a fantastic shot and an awesome view!

After everything that's been going on here, I finally have time to go visiting! :D I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas, Tamera! Maligayang Pasko!

Anonymous said...

Lovely. Great capture.

Lois said...

A very pretty view Tamera! Glad you had a nice Christmas. Mine was wonderful!