Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

17 January 2009

Carefree, Arizona


Just a quick detour to the Phoenix area for one post... I spent January 11th through the 15th in Carefree, Arizona at a photographers convention. I had so much fun I can't even begin to describe it. For you pro wedding and portrait photogs out there reading this blog, here's a bit of advice: join the Digital Wedding Forum (www.digitalweddingforum.com). It has been an invaluable resource for me, both business- and inspiration-wise, and it has also been a source of camaraderie and friendship among my peers.

Once a year the DWF has a get together somewhere in the U.S., and this year it was in the Arizona desert. It was four days filled with workshops, lectures, inspiring speeches and beer! I learned so much and I got to meet so many of my "virtual" friends for the first time. It was great! I managed to take just a handful of scenic photos while I was there. Here is one of my favorites, a twilight shot of the resort where we were staying. Nice, no?

For more photos from my trip, visit my Click Photography blog, http://click-photography.blogspot.com/2009/01/four-days-in-desert.html

5 comments:

Lois said...

Very nice! I love the cactus. I didn't realize how big they actually are until I went to Arizona one time and stood next to one.

Unknown said...

Great composition! Love it.

San Diego Farmgirl said...

Wow, did you ever pick a great time to be in Arizona! Glad you got a break from the cold, and had a chance to meet your online friends in person. Do you have some weddings lined up already? Has the economy affected your business any? Thankfully, seems like photos would be one thing people wouldn't skimp on, since it's the only thing you use over and over again after the big event. Hope so, anyway! I'd rather have nice pictures and serve my guests White Castle. ;o)

San Diego Farmgirl said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention, aren't the resorts in Phoenix lovely? I've stayed at two, and just loved them, out on the edges of town where those big red rock formations stick up out of the ground. Not as cool as GOTG, but still pretty neat. Did Pat get to come along?

Tamera said...

The economy is affecting every pro photographer, whether they care to admit it or not! The market is really oversaturated, and also there are just people out there who think that because Uncle Bob has a nice camera he's qualified to shoot their wedding (don't get me started!)... that's a big part of why I went to the desert. There were a lot of informative classes and advice on how to keep my business from tanking under all this pressure. Pat didn't get to go (too bad!) but I was really focused on learning anyway, and on beer ;o)

And yes it's beautiful there! I seem to get to Arizona about once every year or so. I hate going in August, but January is heaven!