Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

05 January 2009

Snowy January day


Just another typical January day in Colorado Springs! As I type this it's four degrees outside, but when I took this picture (yesterday at 3:42pm) it was a balmy 14. I drove around quite a while looking for a worthy subject. I thought the snow was pretty, but unfortunately the roads were correspondingly bad so my search for the perfect blog subject was limited to the streets that weren't too slippery!

After all that driving and searching I ended up making a complete circle and ended up at the Union Printers Home (just a few blocks from my house), a Colorado Springs landmark that originally functioned as a nursing home for retired members of the Printers Union. Now a State of Colorado Historical Site, the Printers Home was built in 1892 and these days it's really just a nursing home in general. Summer or winter, I've always loved the building in its treed setting so I took advantage of the stillness of the day and the falling snow to capture this pretty image of its snowy grounds.

Another day I'll capture the facade of the Union Printers Home -- it's still beautiful even though it's been modernized a little. I'll wait for the grass to grow before I venture back though.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Beautiful scenery, but I think I'll skip the single-digit temps!

San Diego Farmgirl said...

I'd be tempted to run through the foreground after you got the shot, and mess up all that footprint-free, pristine white snow. :o)