Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

24 July 2009

Loftier


If my memory serves me, this building on Tejon Street in the heart of downtown was once the Fashion Bar department store. I used to shop there all the time when I was in college and beyond, but sometime in the early- to mid-nineties it went the way of the dinosaur. Now it's "lofts", whatever that means (the mural is new too -- I have to admit I like it).

Our downtown seems to be suffering from an overabundance of "loft" living spaces, the latest trend in many cities. I don't know if I'd want to live in a loft on Tejon Street, which is pretty much end-to-end bars and restaurants these days. Living above that would be pretty loud.

There is still plenty of shopping on Tejon, but more and more stores are being replaced by bars (and so-called lofts, of course). The ratio used to be the exact opposite. I kind of miss the old days when there were more stores and fewer bars, and not a loft to be found.

No comments: