Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

18 July 2009

Palmer Park

Right smack in the middle of Colorado Springs is a giant open space called Palmer Park, named after our city founder. Most of it is wild and rugged -- lots of great hiking and horseback trails, but in the more civilized areas there are playgrounds, a dog park and plenty of picnic areas.

Palmer Park has always been one of my favorite places. If you drive up to the highest point you'll find the Grand View Overlook, an area that has seen some great improvements in the past few years. They have recently added some nice benches, covered areas and paving, so it's a nice place to just hang out and spend a sunny afternoon. And as always, there is a spectacular 360 degree view of our city from up there. This photo was taken today from the Grand View Overlook, looking northwest. That cluster of large buildings you see is the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs (UCCS), my alma mater.

3 comments:

Lois said...

That is a glorious view Tamera!

Frank said...

It's not surprising that this is one of your favorite overlooks. It is a magnificent view. Your city looks baeautiful. I'd be tempted to do a 360 series of photos and knit them together with Windows Live Gallery (which I use and it's free.) I've done a few composites with it but I can't get up high as you can from this spot. Terrific photo Tamera.

Tamera said...

Frank I had that same thought yesterday! One of these days...