Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

18 September 2009

Where has Tamera been?


Oh faithful blog readers, I feel so bad to have abruptly stopped blogging last Wednesday! I always look forward to your visits and comments. The reason I dropped the ball is that I got really sick and spent several days in the hospital. At the Blondie concert on August 25th, my foot went through a gap in the floor right next to the stage, and my leg was lodged up to my shin. I ended up with a bruise and a little bit of "rug burn" on the inside of my left shin -- it didn't look that serious. But a week later it turned into a nasty infection. My doctor prescribed oral antibiotics but they didn't work very well. Then I shot a wedding for nine hours on September 5th, and by the time I got home I could see that I needed to go to the hospital. After a couple of trips to the ER over three days, they finally admitted me and gave me round the clock care.

I'm sad to say it will probably be at least two more weeks before I'm able to resume blogging here. I can't walk yet, and even if I could, I've got a backlog of "real" work that will keep me tied up for some time. But please don't forget to come back and visit! I promise to blog faithfully once I get back on track!

The photo above was taken by my friend Charlotte as I was receiving care in the ER. Yes I'm grinning like an idiot, but in reality I was scared to death, nauseated, in terrible pain, and very grateful to have my boyfriend Pat and my good friend Charlotte there to hold my hand.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wish you a speedy recovery soon.

B SQUARED said...

Take care of yourself. We'll all be here when you get back.

Lois said...

Oh Tamera, what an ordeal! I'm glad you are better though and don't worry , we'll still be here when you get back. Take care of yourself!

JM Vigil said...

Even though I live in Colorado Springs I do so enjoy seeing it through your eyes (as with Mike and Russ). I'll be waiting for your return, stay safe.

~Cheryl said...

I was going to comment that at least you are smiling....until I read the last paragraph and found out you were faking it! Good Grief! Wishing you a speedy recovery and an easy time of getting caught up.

Lisa Wilson said...

I hope you are healing quickly! Rest up and take care!

Anonymous said...

Here is hoping all is getting better for you. Sure do miss the photos.