Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

17 October 2009

The US Air Force Academy


I was at the AFA a couple of weekends ago to help my friend Charlotte shoot a wedding. The Cadet Chapel and its surrounds are a big tourist draw around here, but since I've shot numerous weddings there I hardly even pay attention anymore. This particular day was golden and sunny and perfect, so in between wedding pictures I played the tourist for a few seconds. Here's a statue of a C46 Commando that sits on the plaza between Arnold Hall the the Cadet Chapel.

2 comments:

Frank said...

The blue of the sky is outstanding as is the way you've silhouetted the plane. The Academy is a very special place (for the U.S. and the lucky cadets who attend) and the static displays are probably all but ignored after a while by everyone. Great to see you've captured one so well. Colorado Springs is beautiful.

Clytie said...

I'm with Frank - the fabulous blue sky and the way you silhouetted the plane really are outstanding.