Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

17 November 2009

Happy Birthday Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


That's right, today is the anniversary of my first post! I started this blog a year ago and it's brought me so much creative fulfillment, not to mention making wonderful new online friends and seeing many other cities around the world through their eyes. I would like to thank Eric of Paris Daily Photo for welcoming my little blog into the City Daily Photo community and for inspiring me to continue this wonderful journey.

Today's photo was taken on November 5th at the Fountain Valley School. I was on assignment to photograph a charming antique gate on their grounds that's strung with Christmas lights. They plan to use it for their annual Christmas card. As we were packing up to leave, Pat asked me to take a picture of the building behind us -- I believe it's called Casa Serena, and it's one of the many beautiful hacienda-style buildings on the FVS campus, most of which were built in the 1920s. For the curious, this image was shot with a Nikon D300 at ISO 2000, f:3.8 with a 2.5 second exposure (yes, I used a tripod). But beyond the technical stuff I think it's just a gorgeous building, and thanks Pat for asking me to make this one last exposure before leaving! If you look closely you can see the stars.

5 comments:

Lois said...

The sky is such a beautiful dark blue and yes, I can see the stars! Congrats on your blog's birthday. You and I started our blogs about the same time. Mine's first birthday was last week!

Leeds in Yorkshire daily photo - Paul said...

We have too much overcast cloud and street lighting in Leeds to often see the stars, pity really. Happy Birthday CS DP, thats a lot of work. 6 weeks or so and my Leeds daily photo is one year old.

Hilda said...

Happy blog birthday, Tamera! A beautiful image to celebrate the day with. I like the building very much too and I find it surprising that it's a school building.

Frank said...

Your shot is terrific. I do love the sky. Simply beautiful with the tower against the blue and stars.

Very nice!

Linda said...

Happy first birthday! It's my first visit, and I'm enjoying it, not least the technical hints in this post. I have a night photography course coming up but meantime shots like yours here are all a mystery to me.