Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

18 November 2009

Jury duty


Yesterday I did my civic duty and appeared as Juror #1492 at the El Paso County Courthouse at 8:30am sharp! This was the farthest I've ever gotten along in the jury selection process. Other times I was dismissed by 10:00am; yesterday, however, I went through the entire grilling process with both attorneys and the judge. It was 2:30pm before they decided I would not be a suitable juror for the case at hand. An entire day, gone! Oh well. It was really interesting and I enjoyed learning about the process anyway, even though by the end I was anxious to get out of there.

This photo was taken in the courtroom during a lull in the selection process. My fellow jury candidates and I thought it was quite hilarious that they had to post a sign asking jurors not to put their feet on the wall. Who does that? Especially in front of a judge?!? I think that would be pretty foolish! Also, the ridiculously polite wording of the sign was comical in itself. If it were up to me, the sign would say, "What, were you raised by wolves? Get your damn feet off the wall this instant!"

4 comments:

Lois said...

That is funny! The last time I had jury duty, I got there before the sun came up and left in the dark. I was not picked to be on a jury and felt like I had wasted the whole day just sitting around.

Anonymous said...

Ha! This is hilarious. It reminds me of the sign in my friends' hotel room when they came out to Mike's hometown in rural England. It said something like: "If it wouldn't be too much trouble, please keep the window closed, as the pigeons can be quite a nuisance."

Clytie said...

Love the sign - and your interpretation of what it SHOULD say! Too funny.

The last time I had jury duty was in that very courtroom. My number was the first called for the first case of the day ... a fast resolution and I was done by noon. Much to the dismay of the rest of the jury pool who were still waiting around to be called.

Tamera said...

Clytie what a coincidence!