Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

22 December 2009

A favorite neighborhood


The day after Thanksgiving I did a family portrait sitting in Palmer Park, which is more rugged and "Colorado" looking than Monument Valley Park, my usual location for such portraits. Palmer Park is named after our city founder and is located pretty much smack in the middle of Colorado Springs, and it's huge. It's a great place for a drive or a hike and there's a fabulous view of the city from its highest point.

After my portrait sitting was finished, I took the scenic way home. This quiet road winds around the back of the park and borders some riding stables. In the summer, the trees form a green canopy overhead and it's lovely. I envy the lucky people who live in this neighborhood!

5 comments:

Rhett said...

I love this photo. The black and white gives if a faraway, timeless sense.

JM Vigil said...

I am currently in the middle of a series of images from Palmer Park that I took on Saturday. Even though I've lived here for just over two years, this was only my second walk/hike along their trails... so much more to explore.

Lois said...

We have canopy roads here too, but most of the trees don't lose their leaves and they stay that way all year. This is lovely!

Clytie said...

Yes, truly beautiful and peaceful looking.

Kris McCracken said...

It’s that time of year again! I’m doing the rounds and apologising for my complete failure to more regularly offer comment on everybody’s incredible efforts for the year. I know how hard it can be to keep up with the daily grind of everyday posting, and want to thank you for your efforts.

I especially want to wish festive greetings for all from down here at [nearly] the end of the world, the bottom of Tasmania.

So, if you could delete whatever is not applicable, I’d like to wish you a very pleasant/merry/happy/wonderful/safe Amaterasu; Ashurall; Beiwe; Choimus; Christmas; Dazh Boh; Dongzhi; Goru; Hanukkah; Hogmanay; Junkanoo; Karachun; Koleda; Lenæa; Meán Geimhridh; Modranicht; New Years; Ras as-Sana; Rozhanitsa Feast; Şeva Zistanê; shōgatsu; Summer Solstice [if you're in the Southern Hemisphere]; Sviatki; Vánoce; Winter solstice [if you're in the Northern Hemisphere]; Yalda; Yule-tide; Ziemassvētki; and Коляда!

With a hearty three cheers from Kris, Jen, Henry and Ezra!