Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

09 March 2010

Fond memories


When I saw this beautiful little VW Karmann Ghia on Tejon Street the other day, I had to stop and get a picture of it. In my lifetime I've owned not one, not two, but three Karmann Ghias! My first "cool" car was a 1971 Ghia, bright blue, which met its untimely demise in a smash-up in front of a west side 7-11 after about a year of proud ownership. I quickly found an orange '69 Ghia to take its place, and I drove it for years. It was an awesome, stylish little car. My third Karmann Ghia was another '69, purchased strictly as a parts donor for the orange one. When I bought my 1972 BMW 2002 tii in 1993 (which I still own), I had to part with the Ghias and it broke my heart. It was a sad day indeed, the day I watched the new owner drive off in my little car!

Every time I see a Karmann Ghia I feel a rush of warm nostalgia. Anyone who's ever owned an old VW understands. One of these days, after I win the lottery, I'll buy myself another Ghia.

3 comments:

Clytie said...

They are fun little cars aren't they?
I've never had a VW but someday I will own another Datsun 2000 Roadster ... I still miss that car!

Tamera said...

Clytie you seem like just the kind of girl to have a Datsun 2000 Roadster. Cute! :o)

Lisa Wilson said...

I always wanted a pink one like in Pretty in Pink! My middle name is Carman. Mom wanted it to be my first name but my dad was afraid people would think I was named after a car. LOL!