Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

17 December 2010

Ringing a bell for Christmas giving


Yesterday was cold, cold, cold! And snow was predicted, so everyone made a mad rush for the grocery store to stock up on basics, lest they get stuck at home with no milk. As for me, I needed a few supplies for the studio so I visited King Soopers at Uintah Gardens. The place was a madhouse. There was a Salvation Army bell ringer outside their doors when I went in, and by the time I left he had moved his operation into the foyer to get out of the cold. Smart man! I always put a little change in the bucket when I see a bell ringer. I may not be rich, but I can afford to let my spare change go to a good cause when I have an opportunity to do so. The bell ringers make it so easy to give.

This fellow was really nice and cheerful despite the cold. He told me that he's survived eight heart attacks (!!!), is one of twelve siblings and is a grandfather of 20. My goodness! Well, here's to many more happy Christmases for him and all of you!

1 comment:

Lois said...

I always let my grandkids put the money in the pot and they love it!