Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

01 January 2011

Hello, 2011!


Happy New Year! Today's the first of the year, but it's also the first of the month, which means it's City Daily Photo theme day! This month's theme is, of course, Photo of the Year 2010. I had a hard time narrowing it down. In the end I chose 15 favorites from the images that I blogged last year. My absolute favorite is the one above, take in Cañon City on Easter. I like the silhouette of the dinosaur and the way the late afternoon sun flares through the sign behind him. I think there is just enough negative space in the image. It's well-balanced, has a nice rhythm and a dynamic diagonal composition. But mostly it makes me smile -- there's something very funny about a life-sized dinosaur, built by prison inmates, standing there watching the traffic go by while everyone ignores him!

The rest of my 2010 favorites are below, in chronological order by date. Most of them were taken in Colorado Springs or the surrounding area, one was taken near Vail, and three others were taken in California on vacation. Enjoy, and happy New Year!

City Daily Photo bloggers all over the world are posting their Theme Day pictures today! Click here to view thumbnails for all participants!















6 comments:

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

these are absolutely fabulous. i love the lifeguard stations on the beach. very enjoyable images. thanks for sharing. Happy New Year's Day to you! Have a great day with family and friends.

Lisa Wilson said...

Wonderful choices!! I had a hard time narrowing mine down and I posted several photos, too. Happy New Year!!

Jilly said...

What a fun choice for your best. I really like the others too - particularly some of the wild plants - beautiful. Wishing you and your family a very happy 2011.

Randy said...

This is a wonderful photograph and a great choice for today. #55 is a close second for me. Wishing you a wonderful New Year! Looking forward to your next year in photos.

Bergson said...

de très belles photos

Je te souhaite une très bonne année

Tamera said...

Merci, Bergson! Et tu aussi!