Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

13 July 2012

A trip to Kansas


I'm going to travel outside my usual blog universe and show you some pictures from a brief road trip Pat and I took last month to Kansas and Oklahoma. I have always been fascinated by Amelia Earhart. She's been my personal hero since I first heard about her as a young girl. What a great role model! Somewhere along the line I learned that she was from Atchison, Kansas, so I made a resolution to go to Amelia Earhart's birthplace one day. I finally got the chance to go last month, and it was a great experience! The photo above is her grandparents' beautiful Carpenter Gothic-style house overlooking the Missouri River, now the Amelia Earhart Birthplace Museum; Amelia was born in one of the upstairs bedrooms. A few more pictures from our adventures in Kansas below.


This is the bedroom where Amelia Earhart was born on July 24, 1897. She was named after her grandmother.


Amelia Earhart's flight jacket. I can't believe I got to see this! Pinch me!


The home of Beat writer William S. Burroughs in Lawrence, Kansas. He lived here from 1984 until his death in 1997. We made a special detour just to see it. You wouldn't think that the guy who wrote Naked Lunch would've lived in such a cute little bungalow!

2 comments:

Lois said...

I think I'm a little jealous Tamera! I would love visit that museum. Amelia Earhart has always fascinated me.

Randy said...

Both of these homes are great. Lucky you. I can't wait to see the rest of your photos.