Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

07 November 2012

Election Day 2012


Well unless you live under a big rock (or on another planet), you're probably aware that yesterday was the presidential election in the United States, and that Barack Obama has been elected to a second term. Colorado was one of the so-called "battleground" states, which essentially means that all of us here were subjected to relentless negative campaigning 24/7: bombastic commercial after commercial, vicious sniping, name-calling, fear mongering, misinformation and outright lies, not to mention the endless robocalls and telephone polls. In the hours before Pat and I went to cast our ballots around lunchtime, at least four different campaigns called our home, urging us to vote. And as we were leaving, one last canvasser was crossing our lawn to hand us flyers!

It has been a crazy and stressful time. My friends have been going after one another on Facebook for months, spouting off opinions, arguing and generally making everyone miserable.  It's been difficult to keep a positive attitude during all of this.  Whether you voted for the guy who won or the guy who didn't win, I'm sure you're as sick of politics as I am. I am, in a word, exhausted.  Spent.  I'm very relieved that it's finally over (I won't share here who I voted for), and I'm looking forward to being a citizen of the UNITED States of America again.

 
Here's me, after voting but before lunch :^)  Let's get back to normalcy again, shall we?

4 comments:

Julie said...

At least the queues at your booth did not appear to be long like some of the others I saw which snaked around city blocks.

Tamera said...

I guess my district isn't so heavily populated. We had no wait at all. The long queues you were seeing were probably in very large, densely populated cities like New York, Tampa, Cleveland, etc. Those people have my undying respect for waiting for hours like they did. I'm so glad they all had the patience to tough it out and vote.

Julie said...

Yes, I was impressed when I heard one official tell them that as long as they were in the queue by 7pm they would get the opportunity to vote ... but still had a couple of hours to wait!!

Randy said...

Agreed. This one reason I was happy that I don't have television, the online stuff was bad enough.