Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

13 December 2013

Skywatch Friday


I took this picture yesterday afternoon at the Sisters of Saint Francis abbey, where there is a large church and a separate facility for parties and events. Interestingly, the abbey is located on the former grounds of the Woodmen Sanatorium (click HERE for the fascinating history on that!). I am going to be shooting a company holiday party there tonight, so I went there yesterday to have a look at the banquet room (which I've never worked in before). This is the view from their parking lot. Quite nice! If you look closely, you can see large homes in the distance.  All of this very beautiful property once belonged to the parish and it was remote and wild, but about 20 years ago the parish sold off large swaths of land to developers, and many, many homes have since filled the space. It's a nice place to live, but I kind of pine for the days when you could drive through this part of town and see nothing but trees and deer.

For more Skywatch Friday pictures from bloggers the world over, follow THIS link.

6 comments:

William Kendall said...

It's the mountain that catches my eye....

Developers. They are a pestilence at times.

Nell at njschout said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Randy said...

A horse would make this a perfect scene. Nice area.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Totally agree... kind of hate to see beautiful open countryside get developed. Beautiful shot.

Linda said...

Great color! What a blue blue sky!

Banquets in Indore said...

nice post really looking great