Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

13 February 2014

A rare point of view


Pat took this picture on Monday with his cell phone. This is a rare perspective for Colorado Springsians indeed, looking out onto downtown (Pikes Peak Avenue, to be precise) from the 10th floor of the Holly Sugar building. Actually, it was renamed the FirstBank building in 2006, but those of us who've lived here forever still call it Holly Sugar. It's one of the few skyscrapers we have in this city, standing a proud 14 stories. We don't want to obstruct our view of Pikes Peak and the Front Range, so we keep our skyline on the short side. Being on the 10th floor can almost be described as thrilling if you don't have any tall buildings in your city!  I've never been up this far in the Holly Sugar building before. In fact, I think I've only ever been on the ground floor. One of these days I'll have to take the elevator up to the 14th floor and check out the view.

4 comments:

Halcyon said...

A nice view on the city!

William Kendall said...

A splendid view.

Randy said...

Marvelous view!

JL Leal said...

Splendid view!