Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

21 February 2014

The Olympic Torch (and Skywatch Friday)


The US Olympic Training Center is only a few blocks from my house. Every time the Olympics and Paralympics are held, the OTC lights the big Olympic torch that sits on the roof of their main building, highly visible from the street. The torch burns continuously for the duration of the games, and there's always a big ceremony to light it. I took this picture on Tuesday at twilight. I thought it would make a great candidate for Skywatch Friday. The 2014 Games in Sochi are near completion, and it's been a lot of fun to watch all the different sports on TV.  How did your country do?

To see more Skywatch Friday pictures from bloggers all over the world, click HERE.

8 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

This is really neat! The Olympic Torch runner passed through Knoxville a few weeks ago. I missed seeing this, but it would have been cool.

Light and Voices said...

I have been glued to the TV set during the Olympics in Sochi. What a backyard view! Impressive!!!!!!
JM Illinois

Pat said...

Very beautiful.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful!

I had no idea former venues did that.

Tamera said...

Thanks guys! William, it isn't actually a former venue, it's where our Olympians train. In fact, it's a decommissioned Air Force base, which made it an ideal place to put the OTC because it had tons of barracks for the athletes to live in. I think they chose Colorado Springs to put the OTC mainly because of the high altitude. There's also an OTC in California and one in Lake Placid, New York. (I don't know the history of those places, though.) The US Olympic Committee is headquartered in our downtown.

William Kendall said...

Ah, that explains it!

Randy said...

That's cool!

JL Leal said...

Me gusta!