Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

01 March 2014

March 2014 Theme Day: People On the Street


I learned a new word on Thursday: wexting. Coincidentally, this newfangled idiom entered my lexicon mere hours after I snapped the pictures for this month's theme: people on the street. "What is wexting?" you ask? Why, it's walking while texting, and it's comically dangerous, or dangerously comical, depending on how you view these things. The guy in these pictures waited on the corner for the light to change, but when it did, he stood there for half the cycle, looking at his phone and nearly missing his opportunity to cross. When he finally looked up and noticed that he had the right of way, he continued wexting all the way across the street. Thankfully he made it to the other side without getting flattened. I wonder how many people per year end up in the emergency room because of hapless wexting accidents. Personally, I try not to walk and text. I'm accident prone as it is, I really don't need another handicap. I'd probably step into a manhole and break my neck, and that wouldn't be much fun.

For more Theme Day pictures of people on the street from City Daily Photo bloggers the world over, click HERE.

12 comments:

wilf said...

People are wexting everywhere, they are more interested in their texting than the road they have a head of them.

JL Leal said...

Wexting!
I do wexting a lot. I´m sorry

Lois said...

It is definitely dangerous! Maybe there should be another more dangerous word for driving while texting…drexting perhaps? Either one could get you or someone else killed.

William Kendall said...

I've seen many people do that.

Is that an oilskin trenchcoat? I've got one of those, and it seems quite like this.

Randy said...

I wonder what the word is for texting while eating. Nice shots.

Tamera said...

William, I think it's just a black leather trench coat, not oilskin.

Wexting -- watch yourself! I think it's a good way to get yourself killed! Or maimed, or just horribly embarrassed ;^)

Lynette said...

You’ve made a great Theme Day post. I'm glad you got to take this photo for today. Thanks for the informative text. I have to watch out when I walk because I'm 66 years old and use mass transit, so I need to be whole.

Tamera said...

Yes, please be careful out there, Lynette! :^)

Gerald (SK14) said...

This hits a real hard spot with me - it used to be Walkmans that were the problem 20 years ago when my son Ian got knocked down whilst listening to one absent-mindedly - he survived but even now is not recovered. Mobile phones are the latest menace.

Tamera said...

Gerald, yikes! That is a cautionary tale indeed!

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Great photo, love the oilskins. Wexting? Walking while texting ... wonder who comes up with these new words.

LOLfromPasa said...

Now I have learned a new word too! Can't wait to try it out on my grandkids...won't I sound hip :). BTW...love the shots.