Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

01 December 2014

December 2014 Theme Day: worker


It's the final Theme Day of 2014! This month's theme is worker. I decided to use these pictures of a glass blower that I took at the North Pole last Monday, when I went there with my cousin Sheila and her three youngest kids. I had taken the pictures with the thought of using them on the blog at some unspecified future date, then completely forgot about them until I realized that it was Theme Day today. They came in handy and were quite topical! Coincidentally, May 2013's theme was the creative artisan and, just like today, I had forgotten about Theme Day and just happened to have some random pictures of a glass blower (you can see the post HERE)! Hey, those glass blowers really save the day when you need them! ;-) 

This man was quite skilled. As you can see from the pictures, he crafted a Christmas tree out of a glass tube right before our eyes, patiently explaining each step of the way. We were fascinated -- especially the children! It was a very interesting experience, and Sheila ended up buying a couple of beautiful little hand-blown glass objects. By the way, if you're ever in the Colorado Springs area and you have kids, I highly recommend a visit to the North Pole any time of year. It's a lot of fun for the little ones! (As you know, Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus live there!)


For more Theme Day posts from City Daily Photo bloggers all over the planet, click HERE!



8 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

You need strong lungs for this type of work. And yes he seems skilled enough!

from Madrid said...

In a glance is seen to be skilled in the art.

Tomás.

EG CameraGirl said...

Totally fascinating!

Karl said...

Fascinating photos of this creative work!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful work. That's the kind of skill I would never have.

Anonymous said...

Skillful worker ... magnifique !

Randy said...

Amazing talent.

Jack said...

Excellent photos, all of them. The advantage of taking a lot of photos can be that you will have a good one somewhere when theme day comes around.