Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

20 April 2018

New York (Part 3)


A few street snaps from our trip to New York last week. Some of these were places we stumbled across rather than being intentional destinations. The thing about New York is that we've all read so many books or seen so many movies and TV shows set there, practically everything in the city is a landmark you've heard of. So you'll be walking along and find that you're right in front of Carnegie Hall! That's it in the photo above. Of course we did have plenty of great sites to see on our list -- everyone goes to Times Square, right? Enjoy these and I'll share more tomorrow!
The famous Russian Tea Room, next door to Carnegie Hall.
Do you remember the hilarious "Soup Nazi" episode of Seinfeld? When we heard that the place actually exists, we thought it might be fun to try it out. Pat had the lobster bisque and I had tomato-zucchini soup. It was delicious and came with a piece of nice, crusty bread and an orange. (Oh and they were very nice. No shouting at all. Too bad. I was kind of hoping the Soup Nazi guy would give us a hard time and then yell "No soup for you!" 😉)
Times Square is a madhouse night or day. I remember driving through here with my parents in 1979, and it was all XXX movie theaters, drug dealers and prostitutes. Now it's more like the Vegas strip. The last time we were here, about 15 years ago, it seemed less crazy.
I know I told you yesterday that I was finished sharing pictures from the MoMA, but I forgot about this: we stumbled across a photo of the old 8th Street Drive In in Colorado Springs! That was a shocker. Our city is in the MoMA, how about that!
You can read about the artist HERE. I learned today that he is a highly respected documentarian of the huge westward explosion in the 1950s-1970s, and that he took many photographs of Colorado Springs during that time frame.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Times Square is as over the top as you expect it to be.