Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

29 June 2018

It's way too fricking hot


I always try to save a wintry photo to share when things get too obnoxiously hot in the summer. We're not even into July yet, but it's time. Here's a snap I took in Cheyenne Canon only a couple of months ago, on April 24th. Doesn't that snow look inviting?

It's 88° as I type this, but they're calling for highs in the mid-nineties this afternoon. The last two days, temps reached 97°. This is way hotter than normal for Colorado Springs in June. Our non air-conditioned house feels like an oven. I shouldn't complain, though. In Denver yesterday they tied a record -- it was 105°! Unfortunately it's extremely dry out there as well; the last couple of days, the humidity level was a mere 7%, and right now it's sitting at 6%. There's a fire raging near Fort Garland as a result, and structures have already been lost. I am looking forward to cooler weather over the weekend. Now if it would only rain.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

That is a welcome sight!

It's hot here at present, with humidity.

Kate said...

Wonderful photo! I think I will do the same and refer to this post of yours!!